From Karim Bourouba <kar...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Can we write the data to Multiple log
Date Tue, 18 Aug 2009 07:48:26 GMT

I think the point I failed to make is this; in my opinion, handling the logging from the UI
is a bad thing, just configure your application to log as soon as it is started.

Ron Grabowski sent a good example of how to do what you want to do, to which you replied.
Failing that, just include two rolling fille appeneders in your config file set to look at
different levels, i.e. everything for the developers and then a different level for everyone
else.

I think the biggest question here is what have you tried so far and what problems did you
encounter?

Subject: RE: Can we write the data to Multiple log
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 12:42:53 +0530
From: raghuram.raichooti@accenture.com
To: log4net-user@logging.apache.org

OK are not suppose to use the DB.

Coming to logging. I need to use RollingFileAppenders for both of the Logs.
When you say two logs, its one for the Application Developers who needs to get complete information
for them to track.
And the other log is for the Tivoli server which keeps tracking the information of the logs.

And from UI I normally use only one statement saying

Private readonly log4net.ILog  Log = log4net.logManager.GetLogger(“”)
Log.Debug(GetformatedMessage(“Application”));
Log.Debug(GetformatedMessage(“Tivoli”));

I was asking you how can we write the information to the different logs.

Regards,
Raghuram Raichooti