From <raghuram.raicho...@accenture.com>
Subject Can we write the data to Multiple log
Date Mon, 17 Aug 2009 08:16:42 GMT
Hi,

I am using the Rolling File Appender, and in this I would like to write
the exception raised to two different logs one with simple information
and other with the complete information.

In the config file I have two sections defining the paths.

<?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes" ?>

<DataSetConfiguration
xmlns="http://www.volkswagen.de/xmldefs/disk/DSLoggingConfiguration.xsd"

  <SYSTEMINFORMATION>

    <SYSTEMID>DIS</SYSTEMID>

    <ERRORCODELISTPATH>/config/errorCode.xml</ERRORCODELISTPATH>

  </SYSTEMINFORMATION>

  <APPENDER MODE="tivoli" NAME="RollingLogFileAppender"
TYPE="log4net.Appender.RollingFileAppender">

    <FILENAME VALUE="d://svr_app_prod//logs//app_logs//diss//tivoli.log"
/>

    <APPENDTOFILE VALUE="true" />

    <ROLLINGSTYLE VALUE="Size" />

    <MAXROLLBACKUPSIZE VALUE="10" />

    <MAXFILESIZE VALUE="10MB" />

    <MAXENTRIESPERSECOND VALUE="10" />

    <STATICLOGFILENAME VALUE="true" />

    <LAYOUT TYPE="log4net.Layout.PatternLayout">

      <CONVERSIONPATTERN VALUE="%date [%thread] %-5level %logger
[%property{ndc}] - %message%newline" />

    </LAYOUT>

  </APPENDER>

  <APPENDER MODE="application" NAME="RollingLogFileAppender"
TYPE="log4net.Appender.RollingFileAppender">

    <FILENAME
VALUE="d://svr_app_prod//logs//app_logs//diss//application.log" />

    <APPENDTOFILE VALUE="true" />

    <ROLLINGSTYLE VALUE="Size" />

    <MAXROLLBACKUPSIZE VALUE="50" />

    <MAXFILESIZE VALUE="50MB" />

    <MAXENTRIESPERSECOND VALUE="10" />

    <STATICLOGFILENAME VALUE="true" />

    <LAYOUT TYPE="log4net.Layout.PatternLayout">

      <CONVERSIONPATTERN VALUE="%date [%thread] %-5level %logger
[%property{ndc}] - %message%newline" />

    </LAYOUT>

</APPENDER>

</DataSetConfiguration>

In our application we only mention Log.Debug("Logging Information").

Could you please tell me how to specify the details of the log file.

Regards,

Raghuram Raichooti