From Brian Browning <bwbrown...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Failed to find config section - Only after Environment.Exit()
Date Thu, 16 Jul 2009 19:46:28 GMT
When I tried your app.config I received an exception immediately upon
calling XmlConfigurator.Configure();
I had to move some things around in it for it to work:
There doesn't seem to be an exception when I call Environment.Exit(1);
either.
Does modifying your app.config like below solve your problem?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>

<configuration>
    <configSections>
        <section name="log4net"
type="log4net.Config.Log4NetConfigurationSectionHandler, log4net" />
        <sectionGroup name="applicationSettings"
type="System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsGroup, System,
Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089">
        </sectionGroup>
    </configSections>

    <applicationSettings>
    <!-- .... -->
    </applicationSettings>
    <log4net>
            <!-- Define some output appenders -->
            <appender name="LogFileAppender"
type="log4net.Appender.FileAppender">
                <file value="GenericInterfaceClient.log" />
                <appendToFile value="true" />
                    <conversionPattern value="%date [%thread] %-5level
%logger - %message%newline" />
                </layout>
            </appender>
            <logger name="default">