From xalex <a...@pixafe.com>
Subject Re: Wrapping Log4Net
Date Thu, 23 Jul 2009 07:07:21 GMT

Hi,

first of all thanks to all the interesting input!

I want to clearify my requirements and intentions:
- the exchange of log4net is not really planned, it should be only possible
- references to the log4net assembly must be set to a single assembly which
is used in all of our projects
- the use of the logger should be extremely easy, the new interface should
expose only a subset of log4net methods
- we need to configure the levels of different appenders different depending
on the namespace

As shown before using my ILog and MyLog this is possible.
I had just one problem: the %method %line output was wrong, because the call
to the log4net logger was made by my wrapper. I have now implemented an
additional stack-grab which corrects this issue.

- Alex