From NoreenMac <nsam...@hotmail.com>
Subject Output to multiple log files
Date Fri, 17 Jul 2009 14:12:02 GMT

I have a process that imports data to our data system. I need to create a
seperate logfile for each import. Currently I'm naming the logfile with a
date time stamp plus the import description e.g. 200907171509Product.log.

I'm using the RollingFileAppender.

Currently I check if the appender exists and if not I create one and add it
to the Logger. My appenders are named based on the import type (e.g Product
from the example above)
When I'm finished I remove the Appender and close it.

My problem is that if the user attempts to do another import for the same
import type instead of creating a new logfile it writes to the original log
file.

What is the best way to get the Logger to write to a new logfile each time.