From "Dahl, Scott (CMA Consulting)" <sd...@cma.com>
Subject Failed to find config section - Only after Environment.Exit()
Date Thu, 16 Jul 2009 18:42:13 GMT
I have a .net application using log4net that works fine up until the application exits using
Environment.Exit().  At that point I get the following error message:

"log4net:ERROR XmlConfigurator: Failed to find configuration section 'log4net' in the application's
.config file. Check your .config file for the <log4net> and <configSections> elements.
The configuration section should look like: <section name="log4net"

type="log4net.Config.Log4NetConfigurationSectionHandler,log4net" />"

The log file is created and entries are written fine when the app runs.  I've tried doing
a logmanager.shudown() prior to the Environment.Exit() but that doesn't seem to help either.
 The issue is more of an annoyance than anything else as the logging works as expected.  The
app is running at a client site though and they want to know why they're seeing this error
in their scheduler.

Here's the log4net entries in my app.config.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<configuration>
  <configSections>
    <sectionGroup name="applicationSettings" type="System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsGroup,
System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089">
      <section name="log4net" type="log4net.Config.Log4NetConfigurationSectionHandler"
/>
    </sectionGroup>
  </configSections>

    <!-- This section contains the log4net configuration settings -->
    <log4net>
      <!-- Define some output appenders -->
      <appender name="LogFileAppender" type="log4net.Appender.FileAppender">
        <file value=".\\GenericInterfaceClient.log" />
        <appendToFile value="true" />
          <conversionPattern value="%date [%thread] %-5level %logger - %message%newline"
/>
        </layout>
      </appender>
      <logger name="default">