From "Wolfgang Trog" <wolfg...@wollinet.com>
Subject RE: Defer file creation
Date Fri, 31 Jul 2009 15:14:36 GMT
I want to create protocols for jobs that can be executed in our application,
preferably one file per job and execution. But I don't want a file, if the
job is not executed. The jobs are only executed once a month for example.

Thx for the quick response !

Wolfgang

From: Karim Bourouba [mailto:karym6@hotmail.com]
Sent: Freitag, 31. Juli 2009 17:06
To: log4net-user@logging.apache.org
Subject: RE: Defer file creation

Hi There,

I dont think I have an answer to your question just now - but can I ask why
you would prefer to defer creating the log file?

  _____

From: wolfgang@wollinet.com
To: log4net-user@logging.apache.org
Subject: Defer file creation
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 16:15:28 +0200

Hi Everbody,

I'm looking for a way to defer the creation of the log file until the first
entry is logged. I want to use log4net for writing protocols for jobs that
can be executed in my application. With my current configuration the file is
created during startup which makes no sense if the job doesn't run.

My current configuration:

      <appender name="." type="log4net.Appender.RollingFileAppender">

        <file value="....." />

        <appendToFile value="false" />

        <rollingStyle value="Date" />

        <datePattern value="yyyy_MM_dd.\tx\t" />

        <staticLogFileName value="false" />

        <threshold value="INFO" />

          <conversionPattern value="%date;%level;%m%n" />

        </layout>

      </appender>

One possibility seems to be to generate the appender programmatically, but
then I lose a lot of flexibility. Another one is writing my own appender (or
subclassing an existing one). Is there another way ?

Any help is appreciated,

Wolfgang

  _____

Share your memories online with anyone you want. Learn
<http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/134665338/direct/01/>  more.