From "James Green" <James.Gr...@occam-dm.com>
Subject RE: Using AdoNetAppender
Date Tue, 16 Jun 2009 09:08:47 GMT
Hi Wayne,

I didn't wish to start a flame war.

This is not the first time I've had trouble finding decent log4net docs
when configuring without AppConfig, in fact Google hardly returns a
thing on this topic.  Surely database logging is one of the most popular
features and I'm highlighting what I think to be a massive gap in its
documentation.

I love log4net, it was a no brainer for me to pick but don't think
getting this library configured using pure C# is easy.  Have you
completed this task without using Xml config?  Xml config is not always
possible nor desirable.

James.

  _____

From: codingvista@googlemail.com [mailto:codingvista@googlemail.com] On
Behalf Of Wayne Douglas
Sent: 16 June 2009 09:58
To: Log4NET User
Subject: Re: Using AdoNetAppender

why don't you write a fluent interface for it!?!?

I think that for FREE software provided with SOURCE - it's a pretty darn
good tool at a pretty darn good price - and so does the rest of the
_whole_ industry - it being an _industry_ _standard_!

There are plenty of other loggers out there too - for free - open source
- some good some not so good - all off the backs of some very hard work
by some very tallented and commited people.

w://

On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 9:48 AM, James Green <James.Green@occam-dm.com>