From Karim Bourouba <kar...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Please release a version that is officially endorsed by the ASF
Date Wed, 17 Jun 2009 19:12:04 GMT

Log4net is used all over the world by a multitude of different organisations in any number
of applications.

I use it at work in production systems - my bosses trust me enough to understand that I am
not going to suggest duff technology.

It's up to you to make the case by illustrating the many, many successul applications of log4net
across the world.

> Subject: Please release a version that is officially endorsed by the ASF
> Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 14:24:01 +0800
> From: Michael.Simmons@uwa.edu.au
> To: log4net-user@logging.apache.org
>

> I'm avocating the use of log4net where I work and phases like "not
> officially endorsed" and incubation get translated to beta and unstable.
>
> If nobody is willing to actually release an updated version (as it seems
> from the mailing list) how about log4net-1.2.10.1.zip and just including
> the 1.2.10 dll and version 1.2.10.1 readme file that says "now endorsed"
>
> Michael Simmons
> Analyst Programmer
> Michael.Simmons@uwa.edu.au
> Information Technology Services,Information Services Division
> The University of Western Australia CRICOS: 00126G
> M463, 35 Stirling Highway, Crawley, WA, 6009
> Telephone: 6488 4792
> Fax: 6488 3861

MSN straight to your mobile - news, entertainment, videos and more.

http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/147991039/direct/01/