From "M.Suarez" <moc...@gmail.com>
Subject Deleting old logs
Date Mon, 15 Jun 2009 21:21:24 GMT

Hi,

I am trying to just have the latest 2 log files of my application, thus I
have configured the log4net as follows:

<log4net>
    <appender name="RollingFile"
      <file value="d:\netapps\logfiles\MyApp.log" />
      <appendToFile value="true" />
	<MaximumFileSize value="100KB"/>
	<MaxSizeRollBackups value="2" />
      <lockingModel type="log4net.Appender.FileAppender+MinimalLock" />

        <conversionPattern value="%date [%thread] %-5level %logger -
%message%newline" />
      </layout>
    </appender>

    <!-- Set root logger level to INFO and its only appender to Console and
RollingFile-->
    <root>
      <level value="INFO" />
      <appender-ref ref="RollingFile" />
    </root>
  </log4net>

However, there will be more than then two expected log files, this is
because:
"The maximum applies to each time based group of files and not the total"
(http://logging.apache.org/log4net/release/sdk/log4net.Appender.RollingFileAppender.MaxSizeRollBackups.html)

How should I configure log4net then to only store the latest two files? Any
help will be greatly appreciate it.

Regards,
Monica