From Ron Grabowski <rongrabow...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Mystery concerning configuration SOLVED.
Date Fri, 19 Jun 2009 20:48:32 GMT
Log4net doesn't process the file attribute. I'm not sure how you're using it. These two nodes
are processed identically during configuration:

 <param name="Hello" value="World" />
 <Hello value="World "/>

________________________________
From: Eric Chamberlain <Eric.Chamberlain@stratagen.com>
To: Log4NET User <log4net-user@logging.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, June 19, 2009 12:56:34 PM
Subject: RE: Mystery concerning configuration SOLVED.

I have discovered the source of
the problem.   We had split out the <log4net> configuration from
the web.config but with a redirection left inside the web.config of the form:

<log4net
file="other_config_directory/log4net.config" />

The file at the end was of the
correct syntax and could be used by log4net but only to the extent that we
used the <param...>  elements.

I have modified the program to
initialized log4net directly from the split-out file and it works with full
syntactical support.

Go figure, eh?

  == Eric ==