From Ron Grabowski <rongrabow...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Key cannot be null error
Date Fri, 22 May 2009 01:05:22 GMT
Are you sure you're providing a valid connection string property? The latest source code contains
this code:

                // Sadly, your connection string is bad.
                ErrorHandler.Error("Could not open database connection [" + resolvedConnectionString
+ "]. Connection string context [" + connectionStringContext + "].", e);

which seems to match your error message.

Can you paste your appender node to the list?

________________________________
From: Gary Cooper <lewd_reveller@yahoo.co.uk>
To: Log4NET User <log4net-user@logging.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, May 21, 2009 4:57:14 PM
Subject: Re: Key cannot be null error

Thanks for your replies Karim & Radovan.

I have attempted to track down the problem with the log4net source, but this doesnt seem to
have yielded much success. I am thinking that this could possibly be an error with MySql connector
as opposed to log4net, after all this doesnt seem to be happening with SQL Server or Oracle
(or at least it isnt being reported).

Karim, I think I followed your example on DevShed concerning this setup, I would like to thankyou
for putting that together and I look forward to reading your blog article on this, I hope
one of us will be able to overcome this problem - unfortunately, I dont have access to another
DB to test this out on, but it would be nice to hear back from someone using the same code
with Oracle or SQL Server.