From Ron Grabowski <rongrabow...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Strange Syste.ArgumentNullException
Date Fri, 22 May 2009 01:13:09 GMT
Looks like the MySql connection pool is loosing the connection string. What version of the
mysql provider are you using?

________________________________
From: Karim Bourouba <karym6@hotmail.com>
To: log4net-user@logging.apache.org
Sent: Wednesday, May 20, 2009 11:57:24 AM
Subject: Strange Syste.ArgumentNullException

Hi All,

I am getting a strange System.ArgumentNullException when using a AdoNetAppender.

The message I am passing is is caught and logged to the DB, but on the console I am getting
the following error:

log4net:ERROR [AdoNetAppender] Could not open database connection []
System.ArgumentNullException: Key cannot be null.
Parameter name: key
   at System.Collections.Hashtable.get_Item(Object key)
   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlPoolManager.GetPool(MySqlConnectionStringBuilder settings)
   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlConnection.Open()
   at log4net.Appender.AdoNetAppender.InitializeDatabaseConnection()

I have checked my app.config, but I am unsure as to where this error is coming from and I
am also unsure as to why the message I am trying to log is getting logged to my DB.

Could someone help me out please? I am certain that someone on this list will be able to give
me a clue as to where to start looking...

Get the New Internet Explore 8 Optimised for MSN. Download Now