From David Gerler <dger...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Add new log programmatically and remove when finished
Date Sun, 19 Apr 2009 18:49:48 GMT
As I am trying to work on this project, I am realizing I need to provide
more info.

The project is a web service that recieves data from 120
locations simultaneously. The problem I have is that all the data gets
lumped into 3 primary logfiles. There are 10 threads handling data from
these various locations.
They are:
root (of coarse)
calculations.log
messages.log

Where I would like to go is to have a set of calculations.log and
messages.log for each location so it's easier to find the logged info that
affects a particular location when an error occurs.

I am trying to avoid having a configuration file filled with loggers for
each of the 120 locations with appenders that have different filenames.

My thought was to create a new logger each time it comes into the
calculation section and destroy it on exit. From the code I referenced in my
first email, I can add appenders but I'm not sure about how to create a new
logger each time without affecting the other threads.

Hopefully, I'm using the correct terminology. When I say logger, I mean the
equivalent of:

<logger name="MESSAGE" additivity="true">

<appender-ref ref="Message"/>

</logger>
Can anyone help me to divise a plan to handle this?