From Peter Drier <peter.dr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: When will the next version be released?
Date Sat, 04 Apr 2009 18:23:54 GMT
So the last time log4net upgraded from .9 to .10, that process was actually
somewhat painful for me..  as you note a lot of components rely on log4net
.10..  And dealing with different versions of log4net simultaneously wasn't
fun (we weren't allowed to gac it for various reasons, nor do you want 2
copies of log4net loaded into a single process anyways).

Now, given that most to all of the updates/bug fixes are in the appenders,
it *may* make sense to split log4net into 2 packages..  one that's the core
log4net bits + appender skeleton + interfaces..  and one that's the bundled
appenders..

That way, the third party packages (nunit, nhibernate, ...) can depend on
the core log4net bits without having to upgrade every time Nicko does a
appender bug fix..

This may even be enough to warrant a 1.3 ?

Nicko?

-Peter