From omatase <Omat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Error destroying my productivity Please Help!: log4net:ERROR [] Attempted to append to closed appender named []
Date Wed, 08 Apr 2009 14:30:33 GMT

Ross Hinkley wrote:

> You can specify a threshold value in the appender.  That would allow you
> log messages from a given level and higher.  For example, as a child to
> the
> appender node:
>
> <threshold value="INFO">
>
> would log Info messages, Warning messages, and so on.  From there, you can
> use Ron's suggestion for controlling what you want to see overall and to
> manage multiple appenders.
>
> Omatase, if you need a more complete example, let me know.
>
> -Ross

I would love an example if you wouldn't mind. It sounds like what you are
suggesting might not work in my situation though. I want to make these
appenders available for any logging level. Someone else might have an
application that they would like to send DEBUG messages to the FileAppender
even though my application may only send FATAL messages to the same
appender.

Ross Hinkley wrote:

> If I understand your question, Omatase, it sounds like you want to log one
> log level per file, maybe?  I'm not certain you can specify an upper
> threshold to an appender.  I've never used log4net in such a fashion.
> Does
> anyone know if you can set an upper limit on an appender?

Since this is a service to be used by all applications developed at our
company it could potentially be used differently by each application. For my
application (The Invoicing example) I want to be able to send FATAL messages
to the FileAppender and DEBUG messages to the AdoNetAppender not separated
by file.