From "Garg, Mayank" <mayank.g...@hp.com>
Subject RE: Issues with Korean/Chinese locales in XmlLayout...
Date Thu, 22 Jan 2009 17:00:05 GMT
Hi Nick,
Thanks for your reply.

Two queries:
1.I am able to do this but the string appears in a CDATA section as is, e.g. for a Korean
string, the string appears as the following in the XML file:

<message><![CDATA[&amp;#xC751;&amp;#xC6A9;&amp;#x20; ]] ></message>

The sting passed to the code is: "&#xC751;&#xC6A9;&#x20;"

I saw in the code and there it calculates certain weights and depending on the values it either
writes the string as an escaped string or a CDATA section. My actual string is longer and
thus because of a large number of "&"s, my weightStringEscapes exceeds weightCData (which
is only 12 because there are no CDATA end section characters in the string).

To avoid this, I forced my code to still write it as a escaped string and the result was the
same except for the missing CDATA section's  begin and end characters.

I even tried writing decimal escapes i.e. writing &#<decimal value>; instead of
&#x<hex value>; but the results are the same.

What is the problem here?

2. We use two type of appenders one text and one XML, won't this solution create a problem
with the text file where the message would appear as XML escaped string. What is the workaround
to prevent this?

Regards,
Mayank