From "Daniel Marohn" <mar...@sipgate.de>
Subject Re: stopping messages to standard out in console app
Date Sat, 20 Dec 2008 10:12:57 GMT
Hey Carey,

what you see is the internal log4net logging.

see
http://logging.apache.org/log4net/release/faq.html
section 'How do I enable log4net internal debugging?'

2008/12/19 Morgan, Carey <Carey.Morgan@jenzabar.net>:
> I am using log4net in my .NET 3.5 console application and would like the log messages
I generate to be seen in both the console standard out and the RollingFileAppender. The file
output is working like a charm, but I am seeing a stream of status messages flowing to the
console standard out when I execute. I would like to skip all the status information and only
see the same messages I am programmatically generating to the log file.

> Here is an example of what I see after I run my app:
> log4net: XmlHierarchyConfigurator: Configuration update mode [Merge].
> log4net: XmlHierarchyConfigurator: Logger [root] Level string is [DEBUG].
> log4net: XmlHierarchyConfigurator: Logger [root] level set to [name="DEBUG",value=30000].
> log4net: XmlHierarchyConfigurator: Loading Appender [Console] type: [log4net.Appender.ConsoleAppender]
> log4net: PatternParser: Converter [message] Option [] Format [min=-1,max=2147483647,leftAlign=False]
> log4net: PatternParser: Converter [newline] Option [] Format [min=-1,max=2147483647,leftAlign=False]
> log4net: XmlHierarchyConfigurator: Setting Property [ConversionPattern] to String value
[%5level [%thread] (%file:%line) - %message%newline]

--
Daniel Marohn - marohn@sipgate.de
Telefon: +49 (0)211-63 55 55-0