From wijitha <wijitha...@gmail.com>
Subject How to use separate config file for log4net
Date Fri, 05 Dec 2008 15:46:38 GMT

Hi all

I want to use log4net with my project.
here is the simple example i tried.

App.config :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<configuration>
    <configSections>
       <section name="log4net"
type="log4net.Config.Log4NetConfigurationSectionHandler, log4net"/>

  </configSections>

  <log4net>
     A1 is set to be a ConsoleAppender
    <appender name="A1" type="log4net.Appender.ConsoleAppender">

       A1 uses PatternLayout
        <conversionPattern value="%-4timestamp [%thread] %-5level %logger
%ndc - %message%newline" />
      </layout>
    </appender>

     Set root logger level to DEBUG and its only appender to A1
    <root>
      <level value="DEBUG" />
      <appender-ref ref="A1" />
    </root>
  </log4net>
  </configuration>

here is the code:

        private static readonly ILog log =
LogManager.GetLogger(typeof(Program));
        static void Main(string[] args)
        {
            XmlConfigurator.Configure();
            log.Info("Entering application.");
            log.Debug("Exiting application.");
            Console.Write("This Log4Net example");
        }

This thing is working well.
And what i want to do is put the log4net configuration part in a separate
file call Log4Net.config

if any one know how to do this please reply me. It is better if u can
separately give me the two configuration files. (App.config and
Log4Net.config)

thanks a lot
wijitha