From "Dag Christensen" <Dag.Christen...@vismaretail.no>
Subject RE: SQL 2005 Database Mirroring Support
Date Thu, 06 Nov 2008 13:06:05 GMT
Should be handled transparently if you're using SqlClient or native
client and a correct connection string. I think log4net uses OLE DB by
default, you might want to try changing this to SqlClient.

If it still doesn't work, try setting your appender's ReconnectOnError
to true.

It would also be helpful if you posted the versions you're using
(log4net, SQL server 2005 service pack?, .NET framework version and
service pack?) and your log4net configuration.

Best wishes,

Dag

From: Gourlay, Colin [mailto:cg1@ebs.hw.ac.uk]
Sent: Thursday, November 06, 2008 12:59 PM
To: Log4NET User
Subject: SQL 2005 Database Mirroring Support

Does log4net support the database mirroring feature in SQL 2005?

It logs quite happily when logging to our primary database but when I
failover logging ceases to work - in that nothing is logged - when I
failback logging works as before.  The mirroring has been configured
correctly (test has been done to verify this) so I think I can rule this
out.

Other than the following entry (as per
http://blogs.technet.com/johnbaker/archive/2005/10/06/412126.aspx)
included in my connection string is there something else required?

failover partner=MyFailoverDatabaseServer

Is there anything else I should be considering?

Thanks in advance.

Colin

Edinburgh Business School is a Charity Registered in Scotland, SC026900