From <gary.gru...@redriversystems.com>
Subject RE: Trying to set up an EXTREMELY SIMPLE event log feature... and failing terribly! Please help a newbie
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2008 22:50:29 GMT
Try using "System.Configuration.IgnoreSectionHandler" as the type for the configuration section
handler.

-----Original Message-----
From: talktopete [mailto:talktopete@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 11, 2008 4:26 PM
To: log4net-user@logging.apache.org
Subject: RE: Trying to set up an EXTREMELY SIMPLE event log feature... and failing terribly!
Please help a newbie

This IS a console application, .net 3.5, and the app.config file is set to
always copy on build, so that rules out number one.

I ran the code you suggested, and yielded this information:
Root Information:
   Name: log4net-default-repository   Threshold: ALL
   Root Appenders: EventLogAppender,
Hierarchy Appenders:
      Appender: EventLogAppender  Type: log4net.Appender.EventLogAppender
Loggers:
   EventLogAppender  Additivity: True  Level: null

Does anything in there jump out at you, such as the "Level" perhaps?