From Hadley Willan <HWil...@bunnings.com.au>
Subject AdoNetAppender connection timeouts
Date Fri, 14 Nov 2008 06:56:40 GMT
Hi peoples,

How does the ADO.Net appender handle intermittent connections?

I'm assuming that it's holding a connection open and appending?

I have <bufferSize value="0"> set to ensure an immediate call to a
stored proc for logging.

So basically, do I need to worry about whether or not my connection to
the other end exists?

Could the lack of a network connection translate to a pause in the app
when the log statement gets written?

Or is all logging an asynchronous thread that doesn't affect the caller?

Thanks in advance.

Hadley

Bunnings Legal Disclaimer:

1)     This email is confidential and may contain legally privileged
information.  If you are not the intended recipient, you must not
disclose or use the information contained in it.  If you have received
this email in error, please notify us immediately by return email and
delete the document.

2)     All emails sent to and sent from Bunnings Group Limited.
are scanned for content.  Any material deemed to contain inappropriate
subject matter will be reported to the email administrator of all
parties concerned.