From "Gourlay, Colin" <...@ebs.hw.ac.uk>
Subject RE: SQL 2005 Database Mirroring Support
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2008 16:07:33 GMT
Hi Dag.

Thanks for your response.  Unfortunately I am still no further forward on this despite following
your suggestion.  I have included further information if this helps.  Suggestions/Advice are
very much appreciated.

Both servers are fully service packed and are running with

Log4Net  v1.2.10
SQL 2005
.Net 3.5

My log4net configuration is as follows:

<log4net>
                                <root>
                                                <level value="DEBUG" />
                                                <appender-ref ref="LogToSqlServer"/>
                                </root>

                                <appender name="LogToSqlServer" type="log4net.Appender.AdoNetAppender">

                                                <filter type="log4net.Filter.LoggerMatchFilter">
                                                                <loggerToMatch value="NHibernate"
/>
                                                                <acceptOnMatch value="false"
/>
                                                </filter>

                                                <bufferSize value="0"/>
                                                <!--<threshold value="DEBUG"/>-->
                                                <connectionType value="System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection,
System.Data, Version=1.0.3300.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089"/>
                                                <connectionString value="data source=<SERVER-NAME-IS-HERE>;initial
catalog=<LOGGING-DATABASE-IS-HERE>;integrated security=true;"/>
                                                <commandText value="EXEC <STORED-PROC-NAME-IS-HERE>
@User, @Logger, @LoggingLevel, @Message"/>
                                                <parameter>
                                                                <parameterName value="@User"/>
                                                                <dbType value="String"/>
                                                                <size value="255"/>
                                                                                <conversionPattern
value="%identity"/>
                                                                </layout>
                                                </parameter>
                                                <parameter>
                                                                <parameterName value="@Logger"/>
                                                                <dbType value="String"/>
                                                                <size value="255"/>
                                                                <layout type="log4net.Layout.PatternLayout"
value="%logger"/>
                                                </parameter>
                                                <parameter>
                                                                <parameterName value="@LoggingLevel"/>
                                                                <dbType value="String"/>
                                                                <size value="50"/>
                                                                <layout type="log4net.Layout.PatternLayout"
value="%level"/>
                                                </parameter>
                                                <parameter>
                                                                <parameterName value="@Message"/>
                                                                <dbType value="String"/>
                                                                <size value="4000"/>
                                                                <layout type="log4net.Layout.PatternLayout"
value="%message"/>
                                                </parameter>
                                </appender>
                </log4net>