From suedeuno <suede...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: configuration problems, not logging
Date Wed, 26 Nov 2008 17:44:48 GMT

I created a unit test and got some debug info back finally but I'm unclear
why it's happening. I'm calling Configure in my utility class ->
public LogUtility()
        {
            log4net.Config.XmlConfigurator.Configure();
            log =
LogManager.GetLogger(System.Reflection.MethodBase.GetCurrentMethod().DeclaringType);
        }

LogUtilityTests.LoggerIsSuccessful : Passedlog4net: log4net assembly
[log4net, Version=1.2.10.0, Culture=neutral,

PublicKeyToken=1b44e1d426115821]. Loaded from [Global Assembly Cache]. (.NET
Runtime [2.0.50727.3053] on Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600 Service

Pack 2)
log4net: log4net assembly [log4net, Version=1.2.10.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=1b44e1d426115821]. Loaded from [Global Assembly Cache].

(.NET Runtime [2.0.50727.3053] on Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600 Service Pack
2)
log4net: DefaultRepositorySelector: defaultRepositoryType
[log4net.Repository.Hierarchy.Hierarchy]
log4net: DefaultRepositorySelector: defaultRepositoryType
[log4net.Repository.Hierarchy.Hierarchy]
log4net: DefaultRepositorySelector: Creating repository for assembly
[Common, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null]
log4net: DefaultRepositorySelector: Creating repository for assembly
[Common, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null]
log4net: DefaultRepositorySelector: Assembly [Common, Version=1.0.0.0,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null] Loaded From [C:\Documents and

Settings\user\Local
Settings\Temp\tpo4otwu.afk\Common.Test\assembly\dl3\276e0687\2c87db19_ed4fc901\Common.DLL]
log4net: DefaultRepositorySelector: Assembly [Common, Version=1.0.0.0,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null] Loaded From [C:\Documents and

Settings\user\Local
Settings\Temp\tpo4otwu.afk\Common.Test\assembly\dl3\276e0687\2c87db19_ed4fc901\Common.DLL]
log4net: DefaultRepositorySelector: Assembly [Common, Version=1.0.0.0,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null] does not have a RepositoryAttribute

specified.
log4net: DefaultRepositorySelector: Assembly [Common, Version=1.0.0.0,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null] does not have a RepositoryAttribute

specified.
log4net: DefaultRepositorySelector: Assembly [Common, Version=1.0.0.0,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null] using repository

[log4net-default-repository] and repository type
[log4net.Repository.Hierarchy.Hierarchy]
log4net: DefaultRepositorySelector: Assembly [Common, Version=1.0.0.0,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null] using repository

[log4net-default-repository] and repository type
[log4net.Repository.Hierarchy.Hierarchy]
log4net: DefaultRepositorySelector: Creating repository
[log4net-default-repository] using type
[log4net.Repository.Hierarchy.Hierarchy]
log4net: DefaultRepositorySelector: Creating repository
[log4net-default-repository] using type
[log4net.Repository.Hierarchy.Hierarchy]
log4net: XmlConfigurator: configuring repository
[log4net-default-repository] using .config file section
log4net: XmlConfigurator: configuring repository
[log4net-default-repository] using .config file section
log4net: XmlConfigurator: Application config file is [C:\Documents and
Settings\user\My Documents\Visual Studio

2008\Projects\project1\Common.Test\bin\Debug\Common.Test.dll.config]
log4net: XmlConfigurator: Application config file is [C:\Documents and
Settings\user\My Documents\Visual Studio

2008\Projects\project1\Common.Test\bin\Debug\Common.Test.dll.config]
log4net:ERROR XmlConfigurator: Failed to parse config file. Is the
<configSections> specified as: <section name="log4net"
type="log4net.Config.Log4NetConfigurationSectionHandler,log4net,
Version=1.2.10.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=1b44e1d426115821" />
log4net:ERROR XmlConfigurator: Failed to parse config file. Is the
<configSections> specified as: <section name="log4net"

type="log4net.Config.Log4NetConfigurationSectionHandler,log4net,
Version=1.2.10.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=1b44e1d426115821" />
System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: An error occurred
creating the configuration section handler for log4net: Could not load file

or assembly 'log4net' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the
file specified. (C:\Documents and Settings\user\My Documents\Visual

Studio 2008\Projects\project1\Common.Test\bin\Debug\Common.Test.dll.config
line 5) ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or

assembly 'log4net' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the
file specified.
File name: 'log4net'
   at
System.Configuration.TypeUtil.GetTypeWithReflectionPermission(IInternalConfigHost
host, String typeString, Boolean throwOnError)
   at
System.Configuration.RuntimeConfigurationRecord.RuntimeConfigurationFactory.Init(RuntimeConfigurationRecord
configRecord, FactoryRecord

factoryRecord)
   at
System.Configuration.RuntimeConfigurationRecord.RuntimeConfigurationFactory.InitWithRestrictedPermissions(RuntimeConfigurationRecord

configRecord, FactoryRecord factoryRecord)
   at
System.Configuration.RuntimeConfigurationRecord.RuntimeConfigurationFactory..ctor(RuntimeConfigurationRecord
configRecord, FactoryRecord

factoryRecord)
   at
System.Configuration.RuntimeConfigurationRecord.CreateSectionFactory(FactoryRecord
factoryRecord)
   at
System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.FindAndEnsureFactoryRecord(String
configKey, Boolean& isRootDeclaredHere)

=== Pre-bind state information ===
LOG: User = domain\user
LOG: DisplayName = log4net
 (Partial)
LOG: Appbase = file:///C:/Documents and Settings/user/My Documents/Visual
Studio 2008/Projects/project1/Common.Test/bin/Debug
LOG: Initial PrivatePath = NULL
Calling assembly : System.Configuration, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a.
===
LOG: This bind starts in default load context.
LOG: Using application configuration file: C:\Documents and Settings\user\My
Documents\Visual Studio

2008\Projects\project1\Common.Test\bin\Debug\Common.Test.dll.config
LOG: Using machine configuration file from
c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\config\machine.config.
LOG: Policy not being applied to reference at this time (private, custom,
partial, or location-based assembly bind).
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Documents and
Settings/user/My Documents/Visual Studio

2008/Projects/project1/Common.Test/bin/Debug/log4net.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Documents and
Settings/user/My Documents/Visual Studio

2008/Projects/project1/Common.Test/bin/Debug/log4net/log4net.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Documents and
Settings/user/My Documents/Visual Studio

2008/Projects/project1/Common.Test/bin/Debug/log4net.EXE.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Documents and
Settings/user/My Documents/Visual Studio

2008/Projects/project1/Common.Test/bin/Debug/log4net/log4net.EXE.

   at
System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.FindAndEnsureFactoryRecord(String
configKey, Boolean& isRootDeclaredHere)
   at
System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.GetSectionRecursive(String
configKey, Boolean getLkg, Boolean checkPermission, Boolean

getRuntimeObject, Boolean requestIsHere, Object& result, Object&
resultRuntimeObject)
   at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.GetSection(String
configKey, Boolean getLkg, Boolean checkPermission)
   at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.GetSection(String
configKey)
   at
System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.System.Configuration.Internal.IInternalConfigSystem.GetSection(String
sectionName)
   at System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.GetSection(String
sectionName)
   at log4net.Config.XmlConfigurator.Configure(ILoggerRepository repository)