From "Radovan Raszka" <ras...@hasam.cz>
Subject RE: Log4net.dll reference copy-local=true not behaving as expected
Date Wed, 26 Nov 2008 13:18:26 GMT
Hello.
In my opinion if you reference only MylogWrapper.dll from your project, only this DLL will
be copied to the output directory.
If you need to copy log4net.dll automatically to the output, you must reference MylogWrapper
project from your project or create post-build event which copies log4net.dll to output directory
Radovan

________________________________

Od: boombox boy [mailto:boomboxboy@gmail.com]
Odesláno: 26. listopadu 2008 12:22
Komu: log4net-user@logging.apache.org
Předmět: Re: Log4net.dll reference copy-local=true not behaving as expected

Hi I have a custom log wrapper that utilizes log4net. I build a release assembly of MyLogWrapper.dll
with log4net.dll reference set to copy-local true. Referencing MyLogWrapper.dll from MyProject
with copy local set to true should result in log4net.dll being copied as well, right? I am
not using any Log4net classes in MyProject as they are all wrapped in MyLogWrapper and therefore
I do not reference Log4Net from MyProject. Dispite Log4net being a dependency of MyLogWrapper
it is not being copied to MyProject output directory but all other dependencies of MyLogWrapper
are. What could be the problem?

TIA