From "Roy Chastain" <...@roychastain.org>
Subject RE: How to pass password to AdoNetAppender?
Date Wed, 22 Oct 2008 15:17:08 GMT
Store the encrypted information in a config file.  Use a setup program
to solicit and encrypt the information.  Use the DPAPI wrapper code
(System.Security.Cryptography.ProtedData) in .Net 2.0 and up to encrypt,
decrypt and protect the keys.  Very simple to use.

----------
Roy Chastain

-----Original Message-----
From: Bernhard Heinzel [mailto:bernhard.heinzel@live.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 22, 2008 11:11
To: Log4NET User
Subject: RE: How to pass password to AdoNetAppender?

Thanks Michael.

But my Problem is that I have to configure the AdoNetAppender with a
config file so I don't have to recompile if I change the database.

________________________________

From: Michael.Richman@pgn.com
To: log4net-user@logging.apache.org
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 07:55:41 -0700

You can set the connection string in code, here is some sample code, you
only have to do this once and then you can use the AdoNetAppender
multiple times.

log4net.Config.XmlConfigurator.Configure();
log4net.Repository.Hierarchy.Hierarchy h =
(log4net.Repository.Hierarchy.Hierarchy)
log4net.LogManager.GetRepository();
log4net.Appender.AdoNetAppender adoAppender =
(log4net.Appender.AdoNetAppender)
h.Root.GetAppender("AdoNetAppender_UserLog");
adoAppender.ConnectionString = <set your connection string here>;