From "Francine Taylor" <Francine.Tay...@genesis-fs.com>
Subject RE: Help me with dinamically setting up the RollingFileAppender please
Date Mon, 27 Oct 2008 15:39:32 GMT
This is the code which I use to create a rolling file appender.

       public static RollingFileAppender GetRollingFileAppender(string
pFilename, Level pLevel, string pPattern) {

            RollingFileAppender fileAppender = new
RollingFileAppender();

            fileAppender.File = pFilename;

            if (!string.IsNullOrEmpty(pPattern)) {

                GetPatternLayout(pPattern);

            }

            else {

                fileAppender.Layout = new SimpleLayout();

            }

            fileAppender.ImmediateFlush = true;

            fileAppender.RollingStyle =
RollingFileAppender.RollingMode.Size;

            fileAppender.MaximumFileSize = "10MB";

            fileAppender.AppendToFile = true;               // default
to append mode

            fileAppender.MaxSizeRollBackups = 4;

            if (pLevel != null) {

                fileAppender.Threshold = pLevel;

            }

            fileAppender.ActivateOptions();

            return fileAppender;

        }

        public static PatternLayout GetPatternLayout(string pPattern) {

            PatternLayout patternLayout = new PatternLayout(pPattern);

            patternLayout.ActivateOptions();

            return patternLayout;

        }