From Rob Prouse <Rob.Pro...@Ivara.com>
Subject RE: Port Number in logged message
Date Thu, 09 Oct 2008 13:15:57 GMT
Pranav

You need to set properties in the Thread context before logging, then modify your conversion
pattern to output those properties.

log4net.ThreadContext.Properties["Port"] = port;
log4net.ThreadContext.Properties["Host"] = host;

<conversionPattern value="%date [%thread] %-5level %logger [%ndc] - %P{Host}:%P{Port} -
%message%newline" />

See http://logging.apache.org/log4net/release/manual/contexts.html for more information.

Rob Prouse

From: Pranav Varia [mailto:Pranav.Varia@microsoft.com]
Sent: October-09-08 1:01 AM
To: log4net-user@logging.apache.org
Subject: Port Number in logged message

Hi
Is there a config setting that enables log4net to put "port" and "hostname" information in
the log messages when running in a ASP.NET Webservice (or website) ?

 I see conversion pattern in the FAQ and wonder if I there is a %port available?
<conversionPattern value="%date [%thread] %-5level %logger [%ndc] - %message%newline" />

My use case is that I have multiple instances of a webservice running on the multiple boxes.
Having port and hostname would really help distinguish which instance of the service generated
the message.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Regards
Pranav