From Bernhard Heinzel <bernhard.hein...@live.com>
Subject Partial configuration of an AdoNetAppender in the config File
Date Thu, 23 Oct 2008 05:55:04 GMT
Good Morning,

Is it possible to partially configure an AdoNetAppender with an config File and later pass
him in the source code the connetion string and type?

So I try to use the sample config below to to configur with XMLConfiguration and then pass
the  connetion string and type but I don't get it to work?

Any Suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Bernhard

Sample Config.
</log4net>
    <appender name="AdoNetAppender" type="log4net.Appender.AdoNetAppender">
        <bufferSize value="10" />
        <commandText value="INSERT INTO Log ([Date],[Thread],[Level],[Logger],[Username],[Host],[Message],[Exception])
VALUES (@log_date, @thread, @log_level, @logger, @username, @host, @message, @exception)"
/>
        <parameter>
            <parameterName value="@log_date" />
            <dbType value="DateTime" />
            <layout type="log4net.Layout.PatternLayout" value="%date{yyyy'-'MM'-'dd HH':'mm':'ss'.'fff}"
/>
        </parameter>

        <parameter>
            <parameterName value="@thread" />