From Bernhard Heinzel <bernhard.hein...@live.com>
Subject RE: How to pass password to AdoNetAppender?
Date Wed, 22 Oct 2008 14:17:10 GMT
Thanks Georg.

Unfortunatly integrated Security is not an option.
Seems it is not as trivial as it seems...
Any other suggestions?

Bernhard

From: Georg.Jansen@Faktnet.com
To: log4net-user@logging.apache.org
Subject: RE: How to pass password to AdoNetAppender?
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 14:56:36 +0200

Bernhard,

This maybe of the point in your case, but have you considered
using integrated security?

You could store the username and password encrypted, but then
you have the added problem of securing the encryption key.

Maybe one of the links below is useful:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/89211k9b.aspx

http://www.theserverside.net/tt/articles/showarticle.tss?id=NewSecurityFeatures

Best regards

Georg

Log4Net Dashboard – Log Analysis and Monitoring made easy!

http://www.l4ndash.com