From Pranav Varia <Pranav.Va...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: Port Number in logged message
Date Fri, 10 Oct 2008 01:28:58 GMT
Cool. That was more elegant  and extensible than I had imagined.
Thanks.

From: Rob Prouse [mailto:Rob.Prouse@Ivara.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 09, 2008 6:16 AM
To: Log4NET User
Subject: RE: Port Number in logged message

Pranav

You need to set properties in the Thread context before logging, then modify your conversion
pattern to output those properties.

log4net.ThreadContext.Properties["Port"] = port;
log4net.ThreadContext.Properties["Host"] = host;

<conversionPattern value="%date [%thread] %-5level %logger [%ndc] - %P{Host}:%P{Port} -
%message%newline" />

See http://logging.apache.org/log4net/release/manual/contexts.html for more information.

Rob Prouse