From Pranav Varia <Pranav.Va...@microsoft.com>
Subject Port Number in logged message
Date Thu, 09 Oct 2008 05:01:00 GMT
Hi
Is there a config setting that enables log4net to put "port" and "hostname" information in
the log messages when running in a ASP.NET Webservice (or website) ?

 I see conversion pattern in the FAQ and wonder if I there is a %port available?
<conversionPattern value="%date [%thread] %-5level %logger [%ndc] - %message%newline" />

My use case is that I have multiple instances of a webservice running on the multiple boxes.
Having port and hostname would really help distinguish which instance of the service generated
the message.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Regards
Pranav