From Michael Richman <Michael.Rich...@pgn.com>
Subject RE: How to pass password to AdoNetAppender?
Date Wed, 22 Oct 2008 15:16:05 GMT
We store the encrypted connection string in the app.config file. We read it in, then decrypt
it, then pass it to log4net. That way, we have it in a config file and don't have to recompile
when it changes.

________________________________
From: Bernhard Heinzel [mailto:bernhard.heinzel@live.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 22, 2008 8:11 AM
To: Log4NET User
Subject: RE: How to pass password to AdoNetAppender?

Thanks Michael.

But my Problem is that I have to configure the AdoNetAppender with a config file so I don't
have to recompile if I change the database.

________________________________
From: Michael.Richman@pgn.com
To: log4net-user@logging.apache.org
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 07:55:41 -0700

You can set the connection string in code, here is some sample code, you only have to do this
once and then you can use the AdoNetAppender multiple times.

log4net.Config.XmlConfigurator.Configure();
log4net.Repository.Hierarchy.Hierarchy h = (log4net.Repository.Hierarchy.Hierarchy)
log4net.LogManager.GetRepository();
log4net.Appender.AdoNetAppender adoAppender = (log4net.Appender.AdoNetAppender)
h.Root.GetAppender("AdoNetAppender_UserLog");
adoAppender.ConnectionString = <set your connection string here>;