From Michael Richman <Michael.Rich...@pgn.com>
Subject RE: How to pass password to AdoNetAppender?
Date Wed, 22 Oct 2008 14:55:41 GMT
You can set the connection string in code, here is some sample code, you only have to do this
once and then you can use the AdoNetAppender multiple times.

log4net.Config.XmlConfigurator.Configure();

log4net.Repository.Hierarchy.Hierarchy h = (log4net.Repository.Hierarchy.Hierarchy)

log4net.LogManager.GetRepository();

log4net.Appender.AdoNetAppender adoAppender = (log4net.Appender.AdoNetAppender)

h.Root.GetAppender("AdoNetAppender_UserLog");

adoAppender.ConnectionString = <set your connection string here>;

________________________________
From: Bernhard Heinzel [mailto:bernhard.heinzel@live.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 22, 2008 7:17 AM
To: Log4NET User
Subject: RE: How to pass password to AdoNetAppender?

Thanks Georg.

Unfortunatly integrated Security is not an option.
Seems it is not as trivial as it seems...
Any other suggestions?

Bernhard

________________________________
From: Georg.Jansen@Faktnet.com
To: log4net-user@logging.apache.org
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 14:56:36 +0200

Bernhard,

This maybe of the point in your case, but have you considered using integrated security?

You could store the username and password encrypted, but then you have the added problem of
securing the encryption key.

Maybe one of the links below is useful:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/89211k9b.aspx

http://www.theserverside.net/tt/articles/showarticle.tss?id=NewSecurityFeatures

Best regards

Georg

Log4Net Dashboard - Log Analysis and Monitoring made easy!

http://www.l4ndash.com