From "Jeegnesh Sheth" <jsh...@src-solutions.com>
Subject RE: How to pass password to AdoNetAppender?
Date Wed, 22 Oct 2008 15:17:11 GMT
Hi,

 Not sure if this helps.

Can you connection string point to something like this

www.somewhere.com as your DNS alias and in your dns entries
www.somewhere.com maps to your IP. This way if you switch the database
around, all you do is map the DNS alias to a new IP as long as the
schemas as same?

From: Bernhard Heinzel [mailto:bernhard.heinzel@live.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 22, 2008 11:11 AM
To: Log4NET User
Subject: RE: How to pass password to AdoNetAppender?

Thanks Michael.

But my Problem is that I have to configure the AdoNetAppender with a
config file so I don't have to recompile if I change the database.

________________________________

From: Michael.Richman@pgn.com
To: log4net-user@logging.apache.org
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 07:55:41 -0700

You can set the connection string in code, here is some sample code, you
only have to do this once and then you can use the AdoNetAppender
multiple times.

log4net.Config.XmlConfigurator.Configure();
log4net.Repository.Hierarchy.Hierarchy h =
(log4net.Repository.Hierarchy.Hierarchy)
log4net.LogManager.GetRepository();
log4net.Appender.AdoNetAppender adoAppender =
(log4net.Appender.AdoNetAppender)
h.Root.GetAppender("AdoNetAppender_UserLog");
adoAppender.ConnectionString = <set your connection string here>;