From "Jeegnesh Sheth" <jsh...@src-solutions.com>
Subject Log4net in a windows service
Date Fri, 03 Oct 2008 13:57:43 GMT
Hi,

I have a logging DLL which uses log4net to log to a database. I have c#
application which calls this logging DLL and log to the database. Within
my logging DLL I perform additional work and hence it acts as a wrapper
for log4net.

In my C# windows service project, in assemblyinfo.cs I added

Assembly:
log4net.Config.XmlConfigurator(ConfigFile:="mywindowsservice.dll.config"
, Watch:=True)

This config file is where I set the appeneder. If I run my unit test it
seems to work but it does not work in as a windows service. I am using
system admin privileges so it is not an issue of previlige.

Any thoughts?