From "Mark A. DeMichele" <d...@intellipro.com>
Subject RE: Using log4Net to log multiple files by different users/tasks
Date Sun, 05 Oct 2008 22:19:07 GMT
I'm not sure you're completing understanding my dilema.  I need to
basically create loggers on the fly which are associated with separate
files.

I did actually get something working, but now I can't figure out how to
clean up.  This is what I have so far.

To start I create a repostitory and give it a name.  I then store the
repository pointer in a static variable.

Then when I start a specific task, I use the repository to create a
logger and I add a file appender to that logger.  The file appender is
associtated with a unique file name.  My task has a unique id and I used
tha same id to name the logger.  All my logging for that task uses that
logger with that name and everything seems ok.

Now here's the problem.  When my task is done, I would like to clean up
that logger and remove it from the repositry, but there doesn't seem to
be a way to do this.  I fear that based on my design, if my server is
running for days on end, the hash table where the loggers are stored in
the repository will grow and grow.   I used Reflector to look at the
code in the Hierarchy object. but there doesn't seem to be a way to
remove an object from the hash table.