From Daniel Bigham <dbig...@navtechinc.com>
Subject Re: Chained loggers
Date Thu, 02 Oct 2008 13:42:15 GMT
Thanks for your reply Ron.

I tried structuring my filters as you suggest, but the behavior is:

if ( condition1 == true || condition2 == true )
{
accept
}

What I'm looking for is:

if ( condition1 == true && condition2 == true )
{
accept
}

I also took a look at the blog post you mentioned and again the behavior
suggested is:

if ( condition1 == true || condition2 == true )
{
accept
}

Thanks,
Daniel

> When the xml config file is being parsed the nodes in the config file are matched to
properties on the appender. When multiple properties need to be set log4net looks for a method
beginning with the word "Add". Most (all?) the appenders in log4net extend AppenderSkeleton.
AppenderSkeleton has an AddFilter method which is how multiple filters can be added to an
appender via the config file:

--
Daniel Bigham
Software Developer