From "Walden H. Leverich" <Wald...@TechSoftInc.com>
Subject RE: when to use strong name confusion
Date Thu, 30 Oct 2008 13:45:19 GMT
Is this for _internal_ use? IOW, you're not a ISV getting ready to
distribute software, right? In that case, just ignore strong names
completely. Use the DLL as it, and don't worry about sn.exe or signing
at all. Except in rare cases (and you'll know when you get there) there
is no point in using strongly named assemblies internally.

If you're an ISV, then consider it, but then you'll have to understand
strong names for your own stuff and the log4net stuff will seem obvious.

-Walden

--

Walden H Leverich III

Tech Software