From "Radovan Raszka" <ras...@hasam.cz>
Subject RE: Log4net in a windows service
Date Sat, 04 Oct 2008 20:31:32 GMT
I configure log4net in main service class constructor. What kind of
crash have you met - any exception (what?) ?
public class IPservice : ServiceBase

{ ...

    public IPservice()

    {

        InitializeComponent();

        this.CanPauseAndContinue = false;

        this.CanShutdown = true;

        this.CanHandleSessionChangeEvent = false;

        this.AutoLog = false;

        this.ServiceName = IPservice.SrvName;

        XmlConfigurator.Configure();

        log = LogManager.GetLogger(typeof(IPservice));

    }

    protected override void OnStart(string[] args){ ...}

    protected override void OnStop() {...}

}