From Georg Jansen <Georg.Jan...@Faktnet.com>
Subject RE: How to pass password to AdoNetAppender?
Date Wed, 22 Oct 2008 12:56:36 GMT
Bernhard,

This maybe of the point in your case, but have you considered using
integrated security?

You could store the username and password encrypted, but then you have the
added problem of securing the encryption key.

Maybe one of the links below is useful:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/89211k9b.aspx

http://www.theserverside.net/tt/articles/showarticle.tss?id=NewSecurityFeatu
res

Best regards

Georg

Log4Net Dashboard - Log Analysis and Monitoring made easy!

http://www.l4ndash.com