From "Peter Drier" <peter.dr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: logger and app domains
Date Sat, 20 Sep 2008 17:57:11 GMT
We're using log4net in an multi app domain application..  Lets say it was
tricky..   Not sure if this would solve your problem, but this is what we
did:
1.  In the root app domain, we setup log4net as normal..  And added a custom
Plugin that we wrote to the l4n interface that was accessible to our child
domains.
1..  In each child app domain, we setup l4n with a single custom appender
that knew how to find the plugin from #1 and forward all events to it, after
a few checks to ensure that exceptions were serializable.

So now anything logged in the child domain was sent to the parent, to follow
the config rules and get logged out as necessary.

Cheers,
Peter

--
Peter's Photography