From Nick Durcholz <NDUR...@e-farmcredit.com>
Subject RE: logger and app domains
Date Thu, 18 Sep 2008 17:04:33 GMT
Since you are logging accross app domains, you best option is to use the
remoting appender:

http://logging.apache.org/log4net/release/sdk/log4net.Appender.RemotingA
ppender.html

________________________________

From: Graham Walsh [mailto:graham.walsh-prestataire@calyon.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 18, 2008 9:51 AM
To: Log4NET User
Subject: logger and app domains

Hi,

I have an issue with a GUI app I'm running. I make calls across dll's as
expected and my logging works fine. I have a richTextappender in place
thats used by the GUI. As logging is done I see it in the richText box
of my gui. We'll call this "normal" execution.

Now as part of our testing, I create an appDomain and make the method
calls just as does the "normal" execution. I want this new appdomain to
log to the same richTextBox however its not. In an attempt to take
another approach, I tried to get the ILog object from the "Normal"
execution and set it in the newly created AppDomain. This cant be done
as;

- System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException: Type
'log4net.Core.LogImpl' in Assembly 'log4net, Version=1.2.10.0,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=1b44e1d426115821' is not marked as
serializable.

So I'm stuck. Anybody know how I can work around this issue?

thanks much

Graham