From Ron Grabowski <rongrabow...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: logger and app domains
Date Sun, 21 Sep 2008 17:51:48 GMT
My first thought would be to use .NET Remoting with named pipes. Did you try that?

----- Original Message ----
From: Peter Drier <peter.drier@gmail.com>
To: Log4NET User <log4net-user@logging.apache.org>
Sent: Saturday, September 20, 2008 1:57:11 PM
Subject: Re: logger and app domains

We're using log4net in an multi app domain application..  Lets say it was tricky..   Not sure
if this would solve your problem, but this is what we did:

1.  In the root app domain, we setup log4net as normal..  And added a custom Plugin that we
wrote to the l4n interface that was accessible to our child domains.
1..  In each child app domain, we setup l4n with a single custom appender that knew how to
find the plugin from #1 and forward all events to it, after a few checks to ensure that exceptions
were serializable.

So now anything logged in the child domain was sent to the parent, to follow the config rules
and get logged out as necessary.

Cheers,
Peter

--