From Georg Jansen <Georg.Jan...@Faktnet.com>
Subject RE: RollingFileAppender generates unexpected filename and/or causes IIS to hang
Date Thu, 18 Sep 2008 18:49:32 GMT
Iyver,

You use:

appendToFile=false (I always want a new file)

And you have RollingStyle=Once (this by default sets the appendToFile to
false)

What I think happen is that every time log4Net needs to open a log file it
opens a new file (whenever a worker process starts), and that is the reason
for the sequential thing, are you sure you don't want RollingStyle=Date?

But I am uncertain about the kind of naming schema you try to accomplish?
Maybe you could explain it  - it would make it easier to make a proposal.

You also use the %processId as a part of the filename pattern. I just want
to mention that as far as I know you will have one processeId for each
worker process (can be several depending on the setup). Requests from the
same client can be served by different worker processes - this could
possibly make it hard to follow one client through the logs (if you need
that).

Best regards

Georg

 <http://www.l4ndash.com> http://www.l4ndash.com - log4net dashboard