From "Daniel Williams" <dlw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IsDebugEnabled = false
Date Mon, 25 Aug 2008 13:51:39 GMT
Also, you need to configure the logging system.  A simple way to do it
is to put this into your assemblyinfo.cs file:

[assembly: log4net.Config.XmlConfigurator(ConfigFile="log4net.config",
Watch = true)]

Then make an actual config file called log4net.config and make sure
it's in your app's working folder.  There are many examples out on the
web.  Here is one that will output to the console if you're running
the app from there:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<configuration>

  <configSections>
    <section name="log4net"
type="log4net.Config.Log4NetConfigurationSectionHandler,
        log4net" />
  </configSections>

  <log4net>
    <appender name="ConsoleAppender" type="log4net.Appender.ConsoleAppender" >
        <param name="ConversionPattern" value="%d [%t] %-5p [%x] - %m%n" />
      </layout>
    </appender>

    <root>
      <level value="ALL" />