From "Daniel Williams" <dlw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Conigure log4net for .net dll
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2008 22:30:36 GMT
Dude,

You can diagnose this issue by turning on the log4net internal
debugging.  Do this by putting the following into the app.config file
of your Main app:

<configuration>
    <appSettings>
        <add key="log4net.Internal.Debug" value="true"/>
    </appSettings>
</configuration>

Next, you will want to catch the messages that log4net writes.  You
can do this in your app.config file as well.  Put in a section like
this:

<system.diagnostics>
   <trace autoflush="true">
     <listeners>
       <add name="textWriterTraceListener"
            type="System.Diagnostics.TextWriterTraceListener"
            initializeData="C:\temp\log4net_internal.log"/>
     </listeners>
   </trace>
 </system.diagnostics>

This will take the output of log4net and put it into a simple log
file.  Then you should be able to see just what it is that log4net is
getting stuck on.

Cheers,
Daniel  Williams