From Alaks <leromantiq...@hotmail.com>
Subject Logging from two dlls interop
Date Thu, 07 Aug 2008 11:20:34 GMT

Hye.
I wanted to trace my functions by logging some informations. So i developped
two dlls (.net interop) wich use log4net for logging.
when i execute one of the dlls from asp page, logging is working fine. But
when i wanted to use both in the same page with "createObject("Dll1.object)
and createObject("Dll2.object") i encounter problems.
The problem is a little bitte weard, all functions with the same name in
these two dlls , the logs is automatically logged in the last dll
instantied.
Example(c#)

Dll1 :

public void foo(){
 log.Info("Hello it's me");
}

Dll2 :

public void foo(){
 log.info("Hello it's not me!");
}

ASP page :

<%
set ob = server.createObject("Dll1.object");
set ob1 = server.createObject("Dll2.object");
ob.foo()
%>
So as result i get the log file of dll2 modified with this content :
"Hello it's not me!"
and the log file of dll1 is not modified.
And to finish, logging is working fine for the function wich has different
name in these two dlls.

I don't know if i explain well, but in all cases i am sorry for my english.

Thank you in advance