From "Dean Fiala" <dfi...@celadonlabs.com>
Subject RE: IsDebugEnabled = false
Date Mon, 25 Aug 2008 11:17:42 GMT
You need to configure log4net for the application first.  To tell it what to
log and where to log it.

http://logging.apache.org/log4net/release/manual/configuration.html

The XmlConfigurator lets you use an XML file to set up the appenders you
want to use.  It can also be set up to automaticall change your log settings
when the file is updated.  Very handy.

HTH,

Dean

-----Original Message-----
From: Milind Lad [mailto:mlad@vitalhealthsoftware.com]
Sent: Monday, August 25, 2008 1:05 AM
To: 'Log4NET User'
Subject: IsDebugEnabled = false

Hi All,

I am new to log4net. I would to integrate this dll into my application. So I
have done the following steps:
1. I have added log4net dll into my application.
2. Then insert this code
	protected static readonly ILog objLog = LogManager.GetLogger(
System.Reflection.MethodBase.GetCurrentMethod().DeclaringType);

	private showLog()
		{
			if (objLog.IsDebugEnabled) objLog.Error("While
save");
		}

I hope these are the only steps to integrate log4net into application. But
on load I get IsDebugEnabled FALSE.
So it is difficult to write log.

Please help me!!

Thanks in advance