From "Josh Kewley" <jkew...@insario.com>
Subject RE: Change the logging directory at runtime
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2008 17:08:59 GMT
I wrote a post on this a long time ago:

http://insario.com/blog/jfk/archive/2004/11/30/164.aspx

it's dated, but you may be able to use it as a starting point.

-Josh

From: Freddy Gómez [mailto:gcfreddy@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2008 11:59 AM
To: log4net-user@logging.apache.org
Subject: Change the logging directory at runtime

Hi,

I'm planning to use log4net to write events in a removable usb memory.

As you can suppose I have problems setting the right path for the logging file in the removable
drive, there is no warranty about the drive where the memory will be mounted each time; and
the application, depending on its state, it can be using different removable memories at different
times.

I wonder if there is any way of setting the file path of the FileAppender or RollingFileAppender
at runtime.

Thanks in advance,

Freddy.